Posts tagged Mexican cuisine
Eating out is about more than just great food and wonderful service, it’s also about a warm and inviting atmosphere that allows diners to sit back, relax, and enjoy their dining experience. Unwind with us at Casa Sol y Mar on our beautiful outdoor patio! You’ll be surrounded by a lush garden, colorful umbrellas and a splashing water fountain made from Cantera Stone and handpainted tiles.
While taking advantage of San Diego’s idyllic weather, you’ll dine near exotic tropical vegetation, experience the sights and smells of authentic and fresh Mexican cuisine, and get serenaded by our strolling mariachis.
Guests also rave about our giant margaritas, and don’t forget happy hour, Mon.-Fri. from 4-7p.m. Hope to see you soon!
(To check out our full menu, click here.)
Healthy dining…Mexican style? Only at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group, where six flavorful and regionally-inspired Mexican entrees are new – and all under 650 calories! Gluten-free choices are also included.
The chefs at Powers’ award-winning Mexican restaurants (including our sister-restaurants Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, Casa de Pico in La Mesa and Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad) have created lighter selections using the finest and freshest ingredients, with homemade salsas and sauces newly prepared every day:
- Camarones del Pacifico: The ultimate shrimp ceviche marinated and poached in Pacifico beer, lime juice, red onions, Tajin and cucumbers – 290 calories
- *Ensalada de Chef Ignacio: Grilled chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, queso Oaxaca and thin red onion, served with spicy chipotle light ranch dressing – 510 calories; gluten free
- *Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas: Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas topped with salsa verde and queso cotija, served with black beans and jicama slaw – 560 calories; gluten free
- Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos: Two soft, ground turkey tacos with pico de gallo, pickled red onions, queso cotija, served with black beans, arroz poblana and salsa quemada – 490 calories
- Tacos de Pescado Tropicales: Grilled fish with pineapple and mango salsa in soft corn tortillas, served with jicama slaw, light sour cream jalapeño lemon sauce, and black beans – 650 calories
- *Ensalada de Carne Asada: Grilled and marinated carne asada, with sliced avocado, tomatoes, queso cotija, sliced radishes, spring mix of romaine and cilantro lime dressing – 390 calories; gluten free
* = gluten-free selections
Diners can enjoy the new healthy dining entrees while washing them down with a frosty Skinny Margarita, made with Tres Agaves nectar and under 100 calories. ¡Salud!