Posts tagged Casa Sol y Mar
Come to Casa Sol y Mar this Easter Sunday for a beautiful brunch buffet with delicious Mexican and traditional breakfast favorites!
When dining out, it can be difficult for parents to find children’s menus with food that their kids actually want to eat. It’s even harder to find healthy selections! At Casa Sol y Mar, we have a great Kid’s Menu with tasty meals that boys and girls will love, served with nutritious sides like carrots and celery sticks.
Kids can choose from classics, including a Cheese Quesadilla or Rolled Tacos with beef or chicken. Other options are Fish Sticks and Fries, Funwich, Crispy Fish Burrito, Nacho Mac & Cheese, Scrambled Egg & Chorizo Burrito, Tiritas de Pollo, Bean & Cheese Burrito and Sol y Mar Kid Burger.
In addition to the food, your little ones will enjoy our colorful and inviting atmosphere – especially the strolling mariachis! We often see excited children staring in amazement as señoritas create handmade, fresh flour and corn tortillas in our Tortilla Kitchen. Every visit is a fiesta at Casa Sol y Mar!
We hope to see you soon with the whole family!
Casa Sol y Mar is on Instagram! Follow us to get the latest on specials, events and ever-so-savory food photos. Make sure to tag #CasaSolyMar on your pictures so we can like and share our favorites.
Celebrate the big game Casa Sol y Mar style – even from home! Let us cater your Super Bowl party with a variety of our to-go party platters including guacamole, chips and salsa, taquitos, quesadillas and more.
Let us do the work in the kitchen so you can enjoy the game! Call 858-792-4100 to order.
Here to help aid with post-New Year’s Eve recovery, we’re debuting a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar in the Cantina, starting New Year’s Day and then every Sunday in January from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Diners are invited to relax, enjoy watching a football game on one of the TVs, and concoct their own personalized Bloody Mary. An optional line-up of garnishes include: a variety of citrus, pickled green beans, olives, banana peppers, pepperoncini, steak sauce, horseradish, cholula sauce, chipotle sauce, green tabasco sauce, Tapatio Hot Sauce, bacon, blue cheese, pepperoni and pickled asparagus.
Rim toppers include Old Bay Seasoning, sea salt, celery salt, garlic salt, tajin and chili.
Each Bloody Mary is $3 and comes with Vodka, Tequila, Mary Mix, V-8 and Clamato. Guests can also opt for a fresh Mimosa for $3 – traditional or organic pomegranate-cranberry flavors available.
Give your holiday fiesta some Casa Sol y Mar flare, and let us host it here! You’ll find splashing fountains, festive strolling mariachis and frosty Birdbath Margaritas that will fill your guests with cheer at your exciting Mexican fiesta holiday party or company lunch! Choose from one of our affordable event packages, or let us work with you to custom design your perfect menu.
Indulge in authentic award-winning Mexican cuisine among beautifully decorated dining rooms and an enchanting outdoor patio. Diane Powers’ Casa Sol y Mar is a top Del Mar destination for regionally inspired Mexican fare.
Decorated with hand-crafted furnishings, fine Mexican folk art, and colorful hand painted murals, guests feel the warmth and romance of Mexico as soon as they enter the door. Diners can enjoy giant Birdbath Margaritas while being charmed nightly by strolling mariachis playing popular Mexican ballads – making it a great place to bring family or colleagues for a very special holiday experience.
Casa Sol y Mar offers abundant banquet and catering menu options featuring award-winning authentic Mexican cuisine. Only the freshest ingredients are used for their 14 salsas and sauces made fresh daily, delicious selections of homemade salad dressings, and hot corn and flour tortillas prepared throughout the day. Popular dishes include the flavorful Carnitas a la Michoacan, succulent morsels of pork served with hot tortillas, guacamole, salsa and beans. During the holidays, Casa Sol y Mar serves delectable Holiday Turkey Tamales, a beloved Mexican tradition, filled with tender turkey, raisins, chopped pecans and apples, all topped with a rich mole sauce and sesame seeds.
Casa Sol y Mar also caters to the diner’s dietary needs with gluten-free, vegetarian and healthy dining selections.
Give your guests a fiesta to remember!
To let us bring the fiesta to you, call us at 858-792-4100 to discuss party-to-go options or visit our website to view our take-out catering menu.
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? We think not! Come relax with us and complete your meal with one of our mouth-watering desserts. Our “postres” menu is loaded with Deep Fried Ice Cream, traditional Churros and many other satisfying treats for your sweet-tooth.
- Chocolate Lava Cake – Moist chocolate cake filled with chocolate lava and topped with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Flan – Traditional Mexican style custard with delicious caramel sauce.
- Deep Fried Ice Cream – A mound of creamy vanilla ice cream in a crispy cinnamon-sprinkled crust, topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Mexican Banana Split – Three scoops of vanilla ice cream drenched in caramel, chocolate and strawberry sauce, nestled between two slices of banana.
- Churros & Ice Cream – Golden fried churros dusted with cinnamon sugar and served with vanilla ice cream.
There is always room for dessert here at Casa Sol y Mar!
Healthy dining…Mexican style? Only at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group, where six flavorful and regionally-inspired Mexican entrees are new – and all under 650 calories! Gluten-free choices are also included.
The chefs at Powers’ award-winning Mexican restaurants (including our sister-restaurants Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, Casa de Pico in La Mesa and Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad) have created lighter selections using the finest and freshest ingredients, with homemade salsas and sauces newly prepared every day:
- Camarones del Pacifico: The ultimate shrimp ceviche marinated and poached in Pacifico beer, lime juice, red onions, Tajin and cucumbers – 290 calories
- *Ensalada de Chef Ignacio: Grilled chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, queso Oaxaca and thin red onion, served with spicy chipotle light ranch dressing – 510 calories; gluten free
- *Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas: Turkey Picadillo Enchiladas topped with salsa verde and queso cotija, served with black beans and jicama slaw – 560 calories; gluten free
- Turkey Picadillo Soft Tacos: Two soft, ground turkey tacos with pico de gallo, pickled red onions, queso cotija, served with black beans, arroz poblana and salsa quemada – 490 calories
- Tacos de Pescado Tropicales: Grilled fish with pineapple and mango salsa in soft corn tortillas, served with jicama slaw, light sour cream jalapeño lemon sauce, and black beans – 650 calories
- *Ensalada de Carne Asada: Grilled and marinated carne asada, with sliced avocado, tomatoes, queso cotija, sliced radishes, spring mix of romaine and cilantro lime dressing – 390 calories; gluten free
* = gluten-free selections
Diners can enjoy the new healthy dining entrees while washing them down with a frosty Skinny Margarita, made with Tres Agaves nectar and under 100 calories. ¡Salud!